By Chanel September
Good Day! How are you doing? I hope that you had an absolutely fabulous on this Monday. Today is the 19th of May 2008 and that of course means that it is the Monday edition of the Morning Cruise. So it’s Monday and the thing I love about this day is that you can start a new, fresh start and turn over a new leaf…So ja if it’s you B-DAY or Anniversary on this cold, frosty and chilly autumns day I hope that you have a wonderful day and that you are spoilt by your family or loved ones coz you deserve it…or if you have just became a grandparent or a parent yourself then congratulations because those are all wonderful successes.
Moving onto today’s show we had all the usuals such as you’re Word of the Day, your SA Q&A, and you’re Tip of the Day.
Word of the Day:
PARAMOUNT – more important than anything else
Q: What the name of the fasts animal?
Tips of the Day:
Now earlier I spoke about how to be a good listener…
1. How many times have you been introduced to someone for the first time and not even one minute later you can not remember their name. This is an example of listening and not hearing. The key here is to repeat the name several times out loud in conversation in the next few minutes. This commits their name to your memory and people like to hear their own name so you are creating a pleasant feeling for them as well.
2. A good listener is interested in what the person they are talking to is saying. Even if it is the most boring subject in the world you can find something to be interested in about it. You do not have to mimic what they are saying to you, but paraphrasing every now and then will keep you involved in conversation and appear to be a good listener.
3. A good listener does not dominate the conversation. This does not mean that you allow the conversation to be dominated either. People that dominate a conversation are boring and do not care about anything except the sound of their voice. They are not good listeners.
4. A good listener can tune out distractions on concentrate on what the person they are talking to is saying. At a party this can be easier said than done, but a good listener has the ability to focus on what they hear being said to them. Concentration is a big part of being good at listening.
5. Part of being a good listener knows when to speak. Silence is part of every conversation and it is natural to not interrupt if the person you are talking to is not finished with the thought they are speaking about. In sales it is said that the person who speaks first loses and that is why all good salesmen will ask a question and then be quiet until it is answered.
Quote of the Day:
Harvey Fierstein - Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself
It’s time for me to love and leave you. You must have oh so super Monday. Let’s chat again on tomorrow…Much Love…Peace.