Friday, July 04, 2008

By Chanel September

Good Day! How are you doing? I hope that you oh so good Friday. Today is the 4th of July 2008 and that of course means that it is the Friday edition of the Morning Cruise…ooh so Friday is here and I’m feeling pretty good about that and I’m so so sure that you are too if not then I just have the cure for you…so this is what I want you to do mmm keep listening trust me I’ll try my best to pick up your mood just for the weekend talking about moods and feeling not to good I want to know something…what’s your favourite day of the week and why mmm will tell you about my worst day of the week for me I would have to say that mmm Tuesday because for some reason I find it very difficult to stand up... Monday’s are a little easier because I had some weekend rest, but however I really want to know yours tho…

Moving onto today’s show we had all the usuals such as you’re Word of the Day, your SA Q&A, and you’re Tip of the Day.

We also had interview with:

· Alistair Duff and he’s from the Muizenberg Drama Society we’ll just be talking about the drama society itself and a new production called Hotel Paradiso as they are looking for actors and actresses to audition.

· We also spoke to coming artist Gugz talking about the highs, lows and joys of the music industry.

· Lastly we spoke to Shaun Saunders they just spoke to us a little about their dance group and there plans for 2008.


Word of the Day:


LASSITUDE - Lack of vitality or energy; weariness; listlessness

Trivial Question:

Q: Name the SA dish which consists of a half loaf of bread, filled with curry? A – Baboti, B – Gatsby or C – Bunny Chow
A: C – Bunny Chow

Tip of the Day:

So I’ve got your tips and I’m actually exited about today’s tips not sure why, but I am…we looking at self pity mmm I told you to think about it and I hope you did so freeing yourself from the 'poor me' syndrome will give you a stronger grip on life. Sooner or later, everyone has to deal with difficulty. We may fall ill or suffer some setback that results in grief, anger, pain or fear. … So next time you find yourself in a situation think of the next 5 tips to over come a self pity party…

1. Own worst enemy
- You are definitely a self-saboteur if you are always having internal debates about what you want to do and why you should not be doing it.

2. Take your pick - We all need to know that we can choose our response. We live in an imperfect world where bad things sometimes happen to the nicest people. You can choose to be resentful or downhearted about a situation, or to accept it.

3. Are you a victim? - We all know people who feel victimised by life. They want you to feel sorry for them and take every available opportunity to tell you about their hardships, their ailments or their troubled relationships. Their negative mindset keeps them trapped.

4. Break away - Although we all experience tough times, we don't have to be broken by them, but this requires making positive choices. People who triumph over adversity would not sink into depression if confronted with the possibility of retrenchment. They would embrace the opportunity to start a new life. They are able to see something good in everyone. Such people overcome tragedy and use their experiences to uplift others or create dynamic changes in their own lives.

5. Get a grip on life - The challenge we face is to recognise and conquer the victim in us all. An occasional gripe about life is normal, but we need to guard against it becoming a habit.

Quote of the Day:


Mahat Gandhi - The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong

It’s time for me to love and leave you. You must have oh so super Friday and a lovely weekend. Let’s chat again tomorrow…Much Love…Peace.

No comments: