Keeping your mornings relaxed and as usual tying to help you cruise through your weekday…
By Denisia Adams
WORD OF THE DAY
1. Circumvent which means to surround (an enemy, for example); enclose or entrap.
2. To go around; bypass: circumvented the city.
3. To avoid or get around by artful manoeuvring
SA TRIVIA QUESTION
From where were apples trees first introduced into the Cape in 1654?
A – Europe B – St. Helena C – Apple town
Answer: B – St. Helena
DID YOU KNOW (www.didyouknow.org)
Did you know? On Friday 17 December 1903, Orville Wright took the Flyer that he and his brother Wilbur built into the air for what has come to be known as the first powered flight. Earlier, unbeknownst to them, Gustave Whitehead and Richard Pearse were also experimenting with flying machines. Who actually took first to the sky remains a controversy. ALSO DID YOU KNOW One hour before Alexander Graham Bell registered his patent for the telephone in 1876, Elisha Gray patented his design. After years of litigation, the patent went to Bell.
TIP OF THE DAY
How to be more aware of your health
You have a mind of your own. Doctors can't know everything. Perhaps some people trust doctors a little too much. They expect miracles and then blame the doctors when things turn out to be less than what they imagined. That's not fair to you or the doctor.
So here are a few simple things to keep in mind when you are dealing with medical issues
1. Listen to your body. It's always sending you signal. If it doesn't "feel right" then it's time to re-evaluate your options.
2. Get a third and fourth opinion on major diagnosis. For example, your doctor tells you that you have cancer. Confirm with another physician.
3. Research your medical situation. The internet is packed with information. Go to discussion groups about your medical issue. Go to websites. Print out journals. Dig Deep. Why be in the dark about what's happening with your body? This is your life!
4. Ask your doctor questions. This is why you pay the doctor. If he or she is worth anything, he or she will be happy to answer your questions and give you ways to find out more information. Some doctors use a sliding-scale fee system. They will charge more if you ask more questions. Find out the cost before your consultation.
5. If your doctor gets offended or displays an overly-negative reaction towards your questions, find another doctor. You need a doctor in whom you can place your confidence.
Do regular relaxation exercises.
This is simply closing your eyes in a comfortable position and breathing deeply while clearing your mind of any thoughts. This does not have to take long, five minutes can be sufficient.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
By Alice Meynell
Happiness is not a matter of events; it depends upon the tides of the mind.
That’s it for the Morning Cruise, where we cruise through your weekday here on BushRadio 89.5fm live on your stereo between 9am – 12pm with me Denisia Adams. Take Care ... make the best of your day and Keep the Faith. Stay Real!!!!!!!!!!