ART – C FRIDAY
By Denisia Adams
WORD OF THE DAY
1. Extremely unpleasant
2. Exposed to harm, injury, or evil: "The town ... now lies obnoxious to its foes".
SA TRIVIA QUESTION
What South African musician is known for songs like; Shut up, Cry and wonderwall (the oasis cover) and his debut album is called Who am I.
A – RJ Benjamin B – Gift Gwe C – Mango Groove
Answer: A – RJ Benjamin
RJ Benjamin wrote his first song at the tender age of eight. Inspired by Michael Jacksons classic Man in the Mirror, this gifted child wrote Life in a Mirror. RJ Benjamin has established an unusual career in music and is teetering on the brink of international fame with the release of his debut album, Who I Am. Aside from the release of this brilliant album, RJ Benjamin is South Africas most famous teacher. Not only does he lecture music at Allenby Campus School of Contemporary Music and the National School of the Arts, he was voted the most popular teacher on M-Nets Project Fame.
DID YOU KNOW (www.didyouknow.org)
The shortest Oscar ceremony ever was the first, held in 1929; it lasted only about 15 minutes as all the winners had been announced three months earlier. ALSO DID YOU KNOW The longest Oscar awards ceremony was in 2000, running for 4 hours and 16 minutes - beating a previous record by 16 minutes.
TIP OF THE DAY
How to Bond With Friends and Loved Ones
Here are some suggestions on how to nurture and strengthen the close bonds you share with the people closest to you.
1. Make simple but sincere and thoughtful gestures to brighten the day of your loved one. For example, write and design for a homemade greeting card for your friend. In it, it should contain your personalized message saying how much you appreciate him/her. Or send your friend an e-card online. There are plenty of beautiful looking e-cards to choose from the Internet. Out of the blue, send your friend a text message giving him/her simple advise. Like ,"eat well" or "hope you get enough sleep tonight"
2. Take part in some way in the main interest of your friend or loved one. For example, if your friend likes to play football--then book for next weekend to watch him play in the football match and cheer him on! Or if your gal friend is addicted to fashion, help her on deciding what to wear for the next party.
3. Send your friends or loved ones flowers every once in a while. Even if you are not the sentimental type, just send flowers every once a while. Yellow roses indication of true friendship, red roses indication of passionate romance.
4. Give them a compliment - not too much otherwise you will seem pushy. Everyone loves to be told how great their hair looks or that their new pair of shoes suits them. It will lift their mood and they will subconsciously associate this with you.
WE ALSO FEATURED:
The fabulous/excited Alvon Collison. He joined us to entice us to see his musical revue called, That’s Life.
We then spoke to Christopher Weare director of another Allan Committie exploration in to those strange quirky issues that create stress in our lives. The production is called BIGGER! BETTER!! BIGGEST!!!. To find out more visit www.allancommittie.co.za or simply get a ticket at computicket. You can catch the show at the Theatre On The Bay in Cape Town.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
All who would win joy, must share it; happiness was born a twin.
That’s it for the Morning Cruise, where we cruise through your weekday here on BushRadio 89.5fm live on your stereo between 9am – 12pm with me Denisia Adams. Take Care ... make the best of your day and Keep the Faith. Stay Real!!!!!!!!!!