GENDER HUB WEDNESDAY
By Denisia Adams
Hello to you. You know I must admit that on this mid week day I’m feeling rather tired and unenthusiastic about the day as well. Then again I have found these brilliant set of tips on how to make the best of your day.
Today on the Morning Cruise was Gender Hub Wednesday where we discussed things concerning gender, Check it out:
WORD(s) OF THE DAY
labile \LAY-byl\ - Open to change; apt or likely to change; adaptable.
S.A TRIVIA QUESTION
What is the significance to celebrating the freedom day the 27th April?
Answer: It’s a celebration of South Africa's first non-racial democratic elections of 1994.
DID YOU KNOW
Perhaps the largest animal to have ever lived, the blue whale can grow to be 100 ft (30.5 m) long and weigh as much as 200 tons. It eats as much as 4 tons of krill a day, and its massive mouth can hold up to 100 tons of food and water, but its throat restricts the passage of anything wider than a beach ball.
TIP OF THE DAY
10 Simple, Sure-fire Ways to Make Today Your Best Day Ever
1. Be present. Instead of having your mind elsewhere, bring yourself back to now, in this moment, focused on where you are and what you’re doing and who you’re with. We cannot change things that have already happened, and obsessing over them does nothing to help us now. We cannot predict the future, so worrying about it does nothing to help you either. Instead, focus on now … if something is worrying you, take action … but even better, just be in the moment, and live as if now is all there is. Because it is.
2. Do less. Have a full schedule today? Cut it in half. You don’t need to do everything on that list. Take a few items on your list and move them to next week. Do less (but focus on the important — not urgent — stuff) and you’ll be less stressed out. If you cut your list down and do only half the things you want to do for today, you’ll have a much better day.
3. Get one important thing done. As said in the previous point, do less but do more important things. When I say important, I mean things that will have a huge impact on your life (personally or career wise) over the long run. Not things that need to be done today or else. Here’s why: If you get something important done, something that will help you in the long run (even if it’s only a step towards a major accomplishment, it’s important), you will feel great! You’ll feel a sense of accomplishment. That makes any day a great day.
4. Plan your perfect life. What would your life be like if you had no restrictions? I’m not talking about living in a Mansion or flying around in jet planes, but what would make you happy. A good step: pick the 4-5 most important things in your life, and build your perfect life around those things, eliminating most of the rest if possible. Plan that perfect life, and then plan the first few steps you need to take to get there. Now schedule those first steps over the next week, including one today. It feels amazing to start taking action on making your life the way you want it to be.
5. Declutter. Even if it’s just a little space — say a drawer or a shelf — decluttering an area of your life can have a wonderful effect on your mood and happiness level. Clearing your desk (at least the surface of it) can be a great way to start.
6. Go for a walk. That movement, and the fresh outdoor air, will have a great effect on your day. And even better: take a few minutes to enjoy the nature around you as you go for your walk. Clear your head. Calm yourself during a busy time of your day. Think to yourself: “How lucky I am to be alive! How wonderful a world I’m in! What opportunities and possibilities lie before me!”
7. Focus on 3 projects. Choose only your three most important projects, and focus on them exclusively. Focus on getting them to completion, to the exclusion of all other projects. Do that today. You’ll be amazed at how much you’ll accomplish.
8. Listen to great music.
9. Watch a sunrise or sunset.
10. Spend time with a loved one. Another obvious one, perhaps, but there’s nothing better, really. Even if you don’t have a spouse or kids, there’s someone in your life that you value … make time out of your day today to spend time with them … and not just to watch TV, but to actually be with them, talk with them, bond with them.
WE ALSO FEATURED:
An interview with Felix who joined us from the African Gender Institute. He joined us to speak to us about Gender Research and more.
Lastly we played an interview I had done with a Male Nurse, but wait, correction his a professional nurse or a male nurse. He joined us to speak his career, difficulties, ups and downs etc.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”
That’s it for the Morning Cruise, where we cruise through your weekday here on BushRadio 89.5fm live on your stereo between 9am – 12pm with me Denisia Adams. Take Care ... make the best of your day and Keep the Faith. Stay Real……!!!!!!!!!!
PS. Listen to the Morning Cruise every weekday Mon – Fri from 9am – 12pm frequency 89.5fm or listen via audio-streaming click on www.bushradio.co.za