ARTS, CULTURE AND ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!
Good Day! How are you doing? I hope that you had an absolutely fabulous on this oh so good Friday. you standing and wondering mmm what’s today’s date…Well today is in fact the 29th of August 2008 and that of course means that it is the Friday edition of the Morning Cruise and on Friday’s we focus on Arts, Culture and Entertainment… So Friday is here and I am thrilled, yesterday was our pick me up edition of the Morning Cruise and today I would also like to think it’s our Get Moving edition of the Morning Cruise…So what ever you doing, wherever you going…even if you are not up to anything at the moment then I do suggest that you get moving…So what is it about a weekend that makes a person smile…I know that I’m guilty of this smiling if you are too I think that we should shouldn’t feel guilty because there nothing wrong with being psyched about sleeping late on a Saturday morning or those loving Sunday afternoon naps…many people if you talk about the weekend or even just about Friday it’s almost as if they get so so exited…Enough about weekends and Fridays…
Moving onto today’s show we had all the usuals such as you’re Word of the Day, your SA Q&A, you’re Tip of the Day, Job Shop and Information Guide.
We also had interview with:
· Up and coming singer/songwriter Nicola Warwick joined me on the line to chat about her career of course the highs and the lows, the industry itself, her love for music and where it all started.
· We also spoke to a group called Level 5 and they joined me in studio, I spoke to Nathan Machent and Jermome Wylbacht so they’ll be chatting about Level 5, the group’s origin’s and where to from here.
· Lastly we had an interview with director Jeremy Blackburn from a play called Not 104 and he joined me here in the studio…we just spoke about the play itself and what the title exactly means…hope you enjoyed that one.
Word of the Day:
PRISE - use force in order to open or move apart
Q: Which province is home to the smallest of the world's six floral kingdoms?
A: Western Cape
Did You Knows:
Half the world's population is under 25 years of age…Here is another fact you’re your FYI…Fishing is the biggest participant sports in the world…
Tip of the Day:
So I’ve got your tips… Throughout the course of a day, many thoughts pass through your mind. So, when it's time to relax, or concentrate your thoughts on something important, those thoughts seep into your mind. This can be a real problem if you don't know how to STOP THINKING…here are some tips…
2. Think about what happened during the day. This step may sound very contradicting in regards to the main idea of the article, but it is one of the most important steps throughout this whole article.
3. Block out negative thoughts. After absorbing the day's actions, you must separate the good thoughts from the bad. With that being said, you now must try to block out the bad. This is very difficult, and takes a great deal of practice.
4. Think positive thoughts. Once the negative thoughts are gone, try to think positive thoughts. This is perhaps one of the most difficult things for a human to do, but it is important.
5. Keep busy. Read a book, watch television or you favourtie movie.You can even cook a meal for you family, call or visit a friend or family member.
Quote of the Day:
Oprah Winfrey - As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around
It’s time for me to love and leave you. You must have oh so super Friday. Let’s chat again tomorrow…Much Love…Peace.