Monday, August 11, 2008

By Chanel September

Good Day! How are you doing? I hope that you well and oh so good. Just a reminder…Today is the 11th of August 2008 and that of course means that it is the Monday Edition of the Morning Cruise… So I just feel that I must do this…but from myself and everyone at Bush Radio I just want to thank you for coming on Saturday it means such a lot because of course it would not have been the same if it weren’t for you…We had loads of fun…I had a good time and I hope that you to had a wonderful time celebrating not only Bush Radio’s coming of age, but Women’s Day too…

Moving onto today’s show we had all the usuals such as you’re Word of the Day, your SA Q&A, and you’re Tip of the Day.

We also had interview with:

· Bongani Sotshonda and Lubabalo Mgquatsa and they spoke to us about the Marimba Extravaganza called Marimba Legends.

Word of the Day:

PLUMMET - fall or drop straight down at high speed

Trivial Question:

Q: Which SA Olympic swimmer made history when she qualified for the final of the 800 metres freestyle at the 2002 Commonwealth Games?
A: Natalie Du Toit

Tip of the Day:

Now earlier I spoke about ways to take lead of a conversation… …So I’m wasting no time here are three very easy to use tips on achieving exactly that…

1. Take the lead in the conversation if it's not going your way - Often I'll be quiet because the people I'm with are discussing something where I have zero to add, usually because I know nothing about the topic. If those goes on too long, then I'm suddenly the quiet one. If the conversation isn't going your way, try to take the lead and switch it to an area where you'll naturally have more to talk about.

2. Live an interesting life and know a thing or two about a variety of topics - This is pretty general advice that jives with my overall philosophy of becoming an all-around better person and allowing the little social details will flow out of that. Living an interesting life and having a good amount of knowledge make it more likely that things to say will effortlessly pop into your head.

3. Sometimes you just can't come up with something to say - These tips continue to help me, but at times my mind draws a blank. When you can't think of something to say, it's often due to shyness and inhibition interfering with your ability to think freely, and reducing these feelings is easier said than done. You can't just logically reason anxious feelings away. Sometimes the shy feelings are temporary and you can ride them out. At other times you feel shy all night and that outing is a write off.

www.socialsucceess.com

Quote of the Day:

Abraham Lincoln - That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well

It’s time for me to love and leave you. You must have oh so super Monday and relaxing weekend. Let’s chat again tomorrow…Much Love…Peace.

No comments: