Keeping the community in-the-know
Today’s Inspiration of the day
35 simple ways to be beautiful
“Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” ~Sophia Loren
1. Smile. As the quote goes, “I’ve never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.”
2. Be there for someone who needs you even if there’s nothing in it for you–give without expectations.
3. Make a sacrifice for someone you love.
4. Admit a mistake, even if it’s hard to say you’re wrong, and work to make amends.
5. Share your struggles, putting your ego aside, to make someone else feel less alone.
6. Create something that helps people. A song, a blog, a support group, a non-profit–anything that inspires.
7. Help a child feel good about him or herself.
8. Tell someone what you appreciate about them, even if you feel vulnerable.
9. Forgive someone without needing to hear the words, “I’m sorry.”
10. Give someone an uncomfortably long hug when they need it.
10. Create positive energy around you by thinking positive thoughts and acting with positive intentions.
11. Sit with reality without judging anyone or anything.
12. Accept someone for who they are instead of trying to change them to who you want them to be.
13. Treat people like you want to be treated.
14. Notice something simple but beautiful in the world around you.
15. Acknowledge the beauty in others, instead of feeling threatened or competing with other people.
16. Be the change you want to see in the world, as per Gandhi’s suggestion.
17. Tap into your personal power and do something that makes a difference in the world.
18. Find strength in a challenging moment. It’s not easy to do, and you deserve credit for it.
19. Talk kindly about the world around you instead of gossiping or complaining.
20. Forget yourself for a minute and do nothing but listen to someone who needs it.
21. Measure a person by their best moments, not their worst.
22. Give yourself the same courtesy–focus on the good you’ve done, not the mistakes you’ve made.
23. Take the high road when someone hurts you instead if being cruel or catty.
24. Make someone laugh. A smile can literally melt stress and pain away. How beautiful of you to do that for someone else!
25. Make someone cry–tears of joy that is. People want to feel moved, inspired, motivated. Never underestimate the power of touching someone’s heart.
26. Keep an open mind instead of sticking with a judgment or assumption.
27. Love what you’re tempted to fear.
28. Be the voice of optimism when the people around you need it badly.
29. Show humility when your accomplishments would make it easy to stand above people.
30. Handle rejection or failure with grace. It’s far more easily said than done–and it sounds so cheesy and cliche–but accepting loss gracefully makes you a true winner.
31. Show unbridled enthusiasm for something that excites you. All children are beautiful, and I think their unadulterated joy has a lot to do with it.
32. Hear what someone means, not just what they say. Anyone can nitpick. Not everyone actively works to be understanding.
33. Imagine a world where people know peace, and do one small thing to create it.
34. Honor the values that matter to you. Showing integrity is the first step to feeling good about yourself.
35. Accept and love yourself–or as Ben Folds sings, “Learn to live with what you are.”
And now a disclaimer: some days you may not do anything written above–in fact, you might do the exact opposite. On those days you are still beautiful.
Ellaine Tilley and Riana Wiechers practising Pranic healers. They joined to discuss the revolutionary and comprehensive non-touch system of natural healing techniques called Pranic Healing. As an art and science, Pranic Healing was widely practised in ancient civilisations in China, Egypt and India thousands of years ago. In the 1970s, the modern founder of this ancient science, Master Choa Kok Sui, devised a comprehensive and easy-to-learn system of energetic healing, known as Modern Pranic Healing®
MODERN PRANIC HEALING®
Today, Modern Pranic Healing® is gaining a rapid following because of its seemingly-miraculous results. It is currently being taught to doctors, nurses, massage therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, shiatsu practitioners and many others in the healing professions globally. Pranic Healing has been approved as part of US nurses’ Continuing Education Programme, is offered as an out-patient facility in several hospitals in India, is taught as part of Alternative Healthcare to government doctors in the Phillipines, while the International University of Alternative Therapies in Sri Lanka offers a Doctor of Science degree in Pranic Healing (information obtained from www.pranichealing.org.za)