Thursday, October 11, 2012

TIYA JOY IN STUDIO

TIYA JOY 

... is a fresh and dynamic upcoming female performer. She began singing from a very young age, and has been training at a professional singing school for three years.

This 23-year-old vocalist exudes charisma and versatility, embracing genres from jazz to soul, RnB, pop and Gospel. She has a degree in Film and Television Studies and Drama and was born to be on the stage.

A vocalist in one of Cape Town leading Gospel Jazz bands, Tiya has also performed as a soloist at various corporate entertainment showcases,and community events for the past five years in her hometown of Cape Town.

 “I’ve ALWAYS been singing. I eat it, breath it, live it,”

In addition to sharing a birthday with the late Whitney Houston, Tiya is inspired by Mariah Carey. A dancer and choreographer, she also enjoys creative writing, including poetry and song writing. Audiences respond to Tiya’s optimistic, fun personality and her obvious love for performing, but she also has a deeper side.


“I appreciate all the sad and bad that I’ve been through, because it’s brought me to where I am today - and where’s that? SUPER Strong!”


This versatile young performer believes that music is her way to reach other people, and make a difference. Her goal is to show the world what South Africa is made of.




FUTURE CAREER PLANS


I would like to start my own singing school, as to up lift and assist those who have been blessed with the gift of music to take their talent to a different level, a level where they can financially provide for their families. I have also joined a Network called Kingdom network where we will provide a stage / platform where Cape Town, South Africa will be able to witness their talent, the talent we hold in our country. I am also busy with my own album which will be released next year.

     


LEARN MORE:

No comments: