39 Ways To Uplift Yourself
1. Get out in nature. Just as the people you surround yourself with effect you, so does your physical environment. If you don’t believe me then go for a walk on a beautiful beach on a sunny day and try and feel miserable. You can change the way you feel simply by changing the environment you are in. You don’t have to get fully out in the wilderness, even a walk in a nice city park can really uplift you.
2. Book and plan your next holiday. It doesn’t have to be anywhere exotic or expensive and it doesn’t matter if its not for another 12 months, just start planning it so you have something to look forward to.
3. Meditate – if you don’t know how to then get a book or DVD out of the library and learn. You don’t have to become a monk or convert to any religion to do it. It can be done by absolutely anyone, pretty much anywhere and anytime, and it’s simple to learn.
4. Watch movies that inspire and uplift you like: The Pursuit of Happyness, Dead Poet’s Society, Erin Brokovich, Remember the Titans, Pay it Forward, The World’s Fastest Indian etc.
5. Go out on a special romantic date with your partner.
If you haven’t got a partner join an online dating service and find yourself one (don’t be afraid, everyone’s doing it!).
6. Take a close look at the books you read, movies/TV you watch, video games you play, blogs/websites you view etc. Do they leave you feeling uplifted and inspired? Do they give you positive messages about life? If not, find some that do.
8. Relax. When you relax, do it wholeheartedly and throw yourself into it. Procrastinating in front of the TV isn’t real relaxation. Schedule yourself sometime to properly relax.
9. Spend time with friends and family who make you feel good about yourself.
10. Surround yourself with people who motivate and inspire you. Jim Rohn is quoted as having said “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with“. It makes sense that the habits, attitudes and behaviours of the people you spend the most time with can rub off on you, so hang out with good people whom you respect and admire.
11. Remember the birthdays of your friends, family and work colleagues, it’ll improve your relationships with them. With social networking sites it’s getting easier to keep track of these. Depending on how close you are to the friend you could: send them a quick text, email, throw a sheep at them on Facebook, pop around with a gift or organise a party. If you don’t know the actual dates then make it your mission to find them all out and record them. I load them into my mobile with alarms to remind me.
12. Deepen your relationships with your friends and family. This is a pretty broad one I know but have a think about it, you’ll come up with something and it’s worth it.
13. Get a haircut, a new shirt, a new handbag,
or something that makes you feel good about yourself. Don’t spend loads of money. Savor the feeling.
14. Do something physical that makes you feel scared or uncomfortable. It doesn’t have to be bungy jumping, it could be jumping off the highest diving board at the pool or learning to ride a bike.
*For more on ways to uplift yourself click on link: http://presentoutlook.com/39-ways-to-uplift-yourself/