Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For Gender we showcased the 6th annual women's leadership conference as well as REACH.org.za

GENDER HUB WEDNESDAY
Today’s Inspiration of the day
11 ways of staying focused
Each of us have our busy lives and in this world of constant distractions, how can we stay focused on our goals? This article discusses several techniques I have found to work.

1. Having well defined goals. I can’t stress the importance of this too much. Having goals which are well defined along good guidelines is key. I’ve found writing my goals down really helps. Whenever I get distracted, I read my goals and I’m reminded of what I am trying to do and why.
2. Breaking things into bite sized chunks. Having broad high level goals are good but having an actionable plan is essential. A plan can identify how you can get from where you are to where you want go. Breaking goals into smaller actionable chunks (tasks) is great – it gives me motivation to start and allows me to get things done in one sitting.
3. Prioritising constantly. To figure out which task I should be working on, I prioritise constantly. Some tasks are more important than others. Some tasks are more urgent than others. I’ve found that working on urgent tasks followed by tasks which have the greatest impact to work well for me – urgent tasks allow me to get things done on time and important tasks allow me to maximise the benefits I receive.
4. Tracking progress vigorously. Each of us wants to improve our lives. However, it is easy to start with good intentions but more difficult to sustain commitment. I’ve found that by tracking my progress, I have more visibility on what I’ve done and can better gauge how much effort is left.
*for more click on the link http://www.davecheong.com/2006/06/21/11-ways-of-staying-focused/


ALSO FEATURED:
An interview with Debby Edelstein, Co-founder of QualityLife Company and of the annual Women's Leadership Conference "We are the Leaders we've been Waiting for", is a facilitator, writer and speaker on women's leadership.


Debby joined to discuss the 6th annual women’s leadership conference taking placing in Cape Town on the 18th March 2011. The conference which has over the years acquired a reputation for being the most dynamic conversation of women leaders in the country will focus on how women leaders and feminine values can transform organisations. The theme is “We are the Leaders we’ve been waiting for”. While the conference is aimed at women in middle to senior management, the event is certainly a platform to celebrate the pioneers who are challenging the way we live and work in order to create a better quality of life for us all.


Lastly, Claudia Lopez Projects and Training Director / Co-Founder of REACH joined me to talk about the organisation (REACH). REACH was founded in response to the high prevalence of sexual harassment and gender based violence in the Western Cape’s farming communities and lack of support services. 2005 marked the beginning of REACH's journey in its attempts at eradicating these social ills in rural farm communities. For more details visit: www.reach.org.za

No comments: