Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Morning Cruise Update

Blog post 12/09/07.

Hi There. Hope you are well on this Wednesday afternoon. Hey, you know what? I forgot to put the quote of yesterday on the Blog, but don’t worry, today we’ll have double the pleasure. So, now to, what we had done on the show for today.

10:35 We concentrated on topics that concern the youth of South Africa. We spoke to Vincent Domingo (Chairperson) of the Western Cape Youth Commission. He spoke to us about the opportunities that are availible for young people. I suppose there are times that young people don’t know which way to go. Hey here’s your chance. You never know what could happen. For more info, you can call them on the number below.
The Western Cape YouthCommission Tel, (021) 466- 9726.

11:35 a Very important topic was discussed during our 11:35 interview. When it comes to child support grants we don’t always know how to go about applying for it. You now know why I said the topic is important? Andre Brink from the S.A social security agency spoke to us about how you can apply for the grant, who qualifies, how to appeal if you feel you have been treated unfavorably etc. If you need to know more, you may call them on the numbers below.
GENERAL ENQUIRIES:
National Department of Social Development
South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) Toll-free help line: 0800 601 011 or
(021) 469- 0247.

Now, here are our quotes, "Of all the things I wear, my expression is the most important".
"When I grip the wheel too tight, I find I lose control". Steve Rapson.


Well, that’s how we end for today. Thank you for the visit. We’ll see you tomorrow. From me Adrian, have a lekker one. HAVE FUN.

No comments: