Monday, February 18, 2019

T.Y from the V.I on his project, "Humble Beginnings"


On the 1st of February, we were joined in studio by CPT's own, Tyrone Abrahams, better known as TY, who is quickly becoming one of Cape town's hottest prospects where music in concerned.

 The Cape Town traffic couldn't keep TY from attending our interview here on Bush Radio 89.5fm, even though it sounded like he was out of breathe when running up our stairs to be on time! "Trust and believe, humble beginnings is on its way", were the first words uttered by the infamous TY, before even being asked about it. TY's musical journey has taken him nearly 5 years in counting to blow up and make a commercial breakthrough in the music game and says the reason for the project being called "Humble Beginnings", is because he came from nothing, and turned his struggle and things he went through into positive vibes that shine through his music.

On his first song, "you cant wys", he expresses how he wants to step up, how his next and how he wants to enter the game. "on my second song, called I Know, that's TY 2.0, as I like to call it, that's something different, where you hear the truth", TY said. He also continues by saying the third song we played, is "Ty for the jol", which basically means a song he particular made that could be played in a club or an event for jamming(dancing) to.

"You going to get waarheid, you going to get turn ups", is what the versatile rapper from Strandfontein Village said, when being asked what can be expected by fans from the Humble Beginnings tape.

His outrageous rhyme-scheme came into play when he did a young freestyle for us over various instrumental beats, such as "0-100" of Drake, and T.I's "why you wanna". Lines such as
"The flow is always slick but I'm never slipping, with my grassies on I got a school girl tripping", and "You rappers are funny you talking this goetes 'bout rapping at bony, the only time I said you ill is when you ate that polony, whats you tryna show me are things I've seen before, I know how they onderskat but when I'm done they 'gon hit the floor", show his ability to change flows, use slang and use things that were/are news that made headlines.

#HUMBLEBEGINNINGS, is where you can find any and all music from  TY on all social media platforms. "Stick to you, you cant do anyone else but you", were the words of encouragement he had to close off the interview for up and coming artists.

to follow TY, his handles are:

@Tyrone_VI (INSTAGRAM)

KASTOUT PRODUCTION (YOUTUBE CHANNEL)

TYRONE ABRAHAMS (FACEBOOK)










No comments: