Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Making A Change

Hanover Park resident has given up her free time to keep young boys and girls off the streets and help them pursue their passion for soccer.

In January this year, Loretta Arendze noticed how children in the court where she stays had to stop playing soccer every time they heard a gunshot due to ongoing gang violence in the area.

She then decided to start a soccer club called Making a Change, and now has about 100 girls and boys from all ages who compete in games on Sundays at a field in Blomvlei Road in Hanover Park.

Ms Arendze said she developed a passion for the game when she was a child as her brothers were fond of soccer and she often kicked ball with them.

She said this year her sons Meachalle, 19, and Chad 13, asked her to coach their team.

“I just got a calling from God and that is when I knew I had to do it. Sport is very good for children and they love to play soccer, it is all they can talk about and they want to be good at it. When I come out of church on a Sunday, they are already waiting for me. I just love the game and I attended all my boys’ soccer games,” she said. 

Contact

(Loretta Arendze on 084 883 5709).


Prsenters & producers: Khusi Veto & Micurls Muller


Wriiten By: Micurls Muller

No comments: