15 WAYS TO OVERCOME ANGER
Common Ingredients of Anger:
• Unfairness – We believe that we have been treated unfairly. We tell ourselves that we deserve more, and we buy into this story that someone has wronged us.
• Lost - We feel that we have lost something that we have identified ourselves with. Feelings, pride, money, car, job.
• Blame – We blame other people or external situations for having caused our loss, for taking advantage of us unfairly. The blame often only resides in our heads and is a product of our imagination. We fail to see things from other people’s perspectives. We become deeply selfish.
• Pain - We experience pain, mental distress, and anxiety. The pain causes physical responses in our body, which disturbs our natural energy flow and state of wellbeing.
• Focus - We focus on the thing we don’t want, and energize it by complaining about it passionately, and repeating it to as many people who will listen. This creates a downward spiral of anger. “What we focus on expands”, this is true regardless of the emotion.
When negative feelings arise, we have two choices,
1. To follow the habitual pattern we’ve learned since we were young, to react and allow the negativity to consume us.
2. Or, to interrupt the pattern we have been conditioned to follow, and in doing so build new neural pathways that allows for alternative possibilities.
There are essentially three ways to interrupt a behavioral pattern:
• Visual - Change your thoughts.
• Verbal – Change your language.
• Kinesthetic – Change your physical position.
For more on how to overcome anger click on the link: http://thinksimplenow.com/happiness/15-simple-ways-to-overcome-anger/