Friday, June 22, 2018

South African under 16 Water Polo - Hannah Schubert

Hannah Schubert, Khusi Veto& Jasmine Mazwi


Hannah Schubert only grade 10 is a South African Water Polo swimmer but this is only one of the many talents she possesses.

"I started playing waterpolo in gr4 at the age of 9 , I always enjoyed being in the water and I loved swimming so when I heard about waterpolo I was very eager to see what is was about and very soon after joining the sport I actually fell in love and realized that it was something that I wanted to continue doing as a long term sport and possibly turn into a career. I also have had really amazing opportunities to be able to be coached by the best coaches from a very young age which really helped me a lot in terms of my individual abilities and in playing as a team which is very important in terms of waterpolo because it’s not a sport where you can be selfish, it’s predominantly based on how you are able to play and interact with other played as a team. "


Hannah started participating with the sport water polo since 9 years old, in Primary School and has not lost the passion for it. As Water Polo is a summer sport she's competes with her school Reddam house Constantia's team during the summer season and because she represents South Africa with her water polo she has to compete during the whole year .

This young inspiring woman does not conform to society. She has been playing piano since grade 1, Hannah participates in netball during the winter season and does all this while balancing her school work. She believes in going for your goals, keeping busy with takes even if it might be stressful all you need is time management.

"On top of being selected for the SA U16A team for waterpolo , I am also very committed to netball as my supposed winter sport and while having the privilege of playing waterpolo at both provincial and nation levels , I have also been lucky enough to represent the Western Cape for netball for the last three years. This has really been a huge honour for me to be able to represent my province on two platforms. At the age of 12 so when I was in gr6 , I was selected to play in the U13A Western Province team where we won gold at IPTs in Joberg and the following year I was once again selected for the U13A team and we won IPTs once again and this tournament was held in Cape Town - then my first year of high school , I was selected for the U14A team for IPTs that we’re held in Durban and once again we won gold and then last year in my gr9 year I was selected for the U15A team for IPTs that took place in PE and after a rather grueling final the game ended in a draw (5-5) so it immediately went into a penalty shoot out where we ended up winning the game so we bagged the gold for the fourth year in a row. "

CONTACT DETAILS
Facebook    -  Hannah Schubert
Instagram   -   hannahschubert_
Whatsapp   -   071 382 4516

Presented and Produced by Jasmine Mazwi and Khusi Veto
---Jasmine Mazwi

No comments: