Good Day! How are you doing? I hope that you are absolutely fabulous on this oh so good Friday. I don’t know, but I’m so happy that the end of the week is upon us, I’m not only happy but exited too…weekends of are about relaxing and having fun spending time with those close to you, but have you ever dreaded a weekend…now I don’t know anyone that would dread a weekend having 2 days is fantastic…but if you have dreaded or thought to yourself I don’t want Saturday to come maybe you working, or you have a test that you need to write…If you looking for a quick weekend weather forecast then I suggest that you continue listening…None the less…It has just gone…and a quick reminder in case you didn’t know today in fact is the 31st of October 2008 now if its your birthday today then happy happy birthday hope you have a super day and that everyone around you carries you on their hands… And just something for your FYI – your B-DAY is on Halloween…
So this weekend apparently we are going to some beautiful sunny weather…I think what ever you plan to do this weekend make sure that it is out doors so that you can just soak up all the sun…On Saturday morning…it will be sunshine all round with some clouds tho temperatures reaching a high of 21 degrees and starting out at 12 degrees not too bad…spring is definitely kicking in…then on Sunday things take a bit of a turn, expect some clouds and rain the day will start off at 11 degrees reaching beautiful 18 degrees…that lovely I said make sure you’re outdoors this weekend...
Word of the Day:
APPEND – to add at the end of a document or piece of typed writing
Q: Who was the R&B sensation Tsakani Mhinga better known as?
Did You Knows:
The colour blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones…I didn’t know that… The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting
We had interviews with:
Anton Kannemayer and he’ll be joining me on the line to chat about some of his latest work in his Art Exhibition, he just spoke about what influenced his work and his dreams including the challenges of being a artist.
We also spoke to Kelly Burke from the Red Cross Children’s Hospital and she be joined me in the studio to speak about Painting a brighter future, she spoke to us about the fundraiser, how it will help the children at Red Cross.
Then we wrapped up our series of interviews with…from ArtsCape and they’ll be joining me on the line to chat about Poet and Prophets, we just touched on the production itself and why people should go and check it out.
Tip of the Day:
I’ve got your tips on ways to identify bad friends…There are the types of friends that are messy. They like to engage in gossip and bring your name into the conversation without your authorization. This might be because they want to make you look bad or to cover themselves…
1. Assets. They will also use you because you have assets like a car, your own apt./home, make lots of money, have vacation property, to get close to your bf or brother. They will eat up your house and home and even use your beauty products. But when you confront them, they become angry. They disrespect you and your belongings. You may also notice borrowing become an issue.
2. "It's all about me" type of friends. They always talks about themselves. Also, they could care a less about you... your day, how your feeling, etc. You may also notice that they brag a lot. Whether it be about themselves, materialistic possessions, boyfriend, getting married, or a vacation, they always find something to make them sound better than you. Seems to always have an opinion about everything. An opinion is a person's ideas and thoughts towards something. It is an assessment, judgment or evaluation of something.
3. Poor me. Always come to you when they have problems for advice, but when you need to vent or advice they're very short with you. So not fair when you don't mind spending two hours plus to cool them down; instead for you it's like five minutes. You're not a therapist. They may also stay mad at you when you two are in a fight. This is because they can only see their point of view.
4. Clingy. Can't share you with other people. When they do see you with other people, they're jealous because they want you all to themselves. Can't include you to see a movie with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Spends lots of time with them, and when their other half is busy they want you all the time. They will ditch you for them if they come around.
5. Fake. Smiles in your face, but when around other people, make you feel small by continuously putting you down verbally. They may also do things such as drugs and deny it. They might promise to call you back, but never do. Always keeps you waiting. Always make excuses as to why they didn't call you.
6. Never acknowledges your ethnicity/culture. Considers you something else, and think it's alright to insult you heritage by using derogatory slang words around you knowing it offends you. Doesn't accept you for you for all that you are.
Quote of the Day:
Voltaire - Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need
It’s time for me to love and leave you. You must have oh so super Friday. Let’s chat again tomorrow…Much Love…Peace.